About Bertie

Bertie is a 1996 Fairway Taxi who was in service in London for 15 years. He moved to Essex for 3 years, and then sat for a couple of months before we found him and brought him to Lincolnshire. This is his continuing story.

Sunday 4 January 2015

Fairway to Belton

We went to Belton House today. It's a great place to visit, even in winter. Barely above zero, but great to get out with the family in Bertie.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/belton-house/

A bit of condensation on the windows, but all good.
As you can see from the second photo, they have his namesake as a refreshment van. I was given a tow bar for a taxi when I bought him……hmmm I wonder?

Lastly, I've found that more of him starts working as each day passes.    
The overdrive light now works, and the full speed wipers have suddenly started working. On the minus side, my LHS full beam was having an off day today. Two steps forward, one step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment