About Bertie

Bertie is a 1996 Fairway Taxi who was in service in London for 15 years. He moved to Essex for 3 years, and then sat for a couple of months before we found him and brought him to Lincolnshire. This is his continuing story.

Saturday 3 January 2015

A clean Fairway

Well, I must say, a bit of a clean and some polish does the world of wonders. He has his fair share of rust, but that will be for dryer days. We had our first 'big' trip just before new year to Yorkshire. A 180 mile round trip. All fine - Bertie pottered along superbly. I did find that going into a head wind was like driving with the handbrake on (and yes, I did check!). Steering is quite light, so big gusts of wind take you by surprise. I was forced from my usual style of right hand on wheel with elbow on velour door rest pad, to both hands on wheel, white knuckles for the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment