About Bertie

Bertie is a 1996 Fairway Taxi who was in service in London for 15 years. He moved to Essex for 3 years, and then sat for a couple of months before we found him and brought him to Lincolnshire. This is his continuing story.

Sunday 18 January 2015

New front crossmember

The crossmember had corroded on the drivers side, so this prompted a trip down to see Stewart in Harlow. He already had the crossmember kitted out with the discs, pads and callipers (which also needed replacing). He's now all good to go. I've got a list of things (which I know most Fairway drivers do) to do, so I'm slowly working my way through, starting with changing the transmission fluid and filter to see if it helps Bertie to go above 10 mph within the first 5 minutes when it's been below zero overnight. Luckily, where I live is 5 minutes drive either way to a main road. That's Stewart on the left. I think he got stage fright when I took my phone out!

No comments:

Post a Comment