About Bertie

Bertie is a 1996 Fairway Taxi who was in service in London for 15 years. He moved to Essex for 3 years, and then sat for a couple of months before we found him and brought him to Lincolnshire. This is his continuing story.

Saturday 3 January 2015

Let it snow

Snow on Boxing day, I thought this was a great chance to start Bertie in cold weather. The morning after it was minus 4. I turned the ignition key to the second position until the orange light goes off (glow plugs pre-heat ready to ignite) then turned the key further for Bertie to roar into life first time. Stuart had fitted 4 new glow plugs before I picked him up, and boy did he need them. He'd also had a new battery.
If you have trouble starting, I'd read somewhere to  turn the key to position 2, light goes off, then turn back to position 1, then to position 2 again, wait a few seconds, and then fire it up. I'm blessed with a good battery and glow-plugs for now!……….

No comments:

Post a Comment